RRAMS has been running unofficially for nearly 10 years though we are establishing ourselves as a club this year 2021. We work from Rainford and also use local areas for training sessions such as Edge Hill University Track and Swimming Pool.
RRAMS has a mixture of runners, swimmers, cyclists and triathletes. We also have beginners who are enjoying sessions for general fitness. The club has a relaxed and informal feel, with members keen to get out and train for fitness or for events. RRAMS are aiming to compete at all levels, having a mixed membership of juniors, novices, seasoned amateurs and GB age-group athletes.
Through the season club sessions change, many are free to attend and others have a small cost:-
- Monday Group Run from Rainford Car Park (opposite the village hall)
- Tuesday (October-March) – Bike Session at Pike-law place, Pimbo Industrial Estate, 6:20-7.30pm.
- Wednesday Group Run Session as Track (Edge Hill) or Road / Trail session at Rainford (as above) 6:20pm
- Wednesday – Structured Swim Session at Edge Hill Sports Centre, 8.00-9:30pm Swim technique and performance focus.
- Tuesday (April to September) – Cycle/Run Brick Session at Pimbo Industrial Estate: 6.30-8.00pm
- Thursday, Open water swim and social evening, venue and details to be confirmed. (Apr – Sept)
- Sunday (Autumn-Spring) – Group club bike rides – details posted.
- With our affiliation to CTT, throughout the Spring/Summer the club also cycle 10 mile timetrials on a Tuesday, organised by Wigan Wheelers and Liverpool Phoenix Clubs. Sign on outside the Holdi layby, Rainford bypass from 6pm, with racing beginning at 7pm. Fee to be confirmed.
There are qualified club coaches providing advice, along with a wealth of experience within the membership. We are affiliated to Triathlon England, British Cycling, Cycling Time Trials (CTT), England Athletics (EA), Northwest Cross Country League and a member of St Helens District Sports Council.
As RRAMS is affiliated to England Athletics, if you wish to run 1st claim (or renew your registration) for us then please tick the relevant box in the membership form (+ £15 Fee, which goes directly to EA). If you are currently a member of another running club and wish to transfer, access the EA transfer club button on your EA profile. If you already run for another athletics club you can race for the club as a 2nd claim athlete, where events allow.